Third Reflection

Online learning experience

One of most memorable online learning experiences for me is my Korean learning. I was interested in Korean celebrities and K-pop when I was in grade 9. I tried to learn Korean by myself in my summer vacation. I found an awesome website called Hujiang wangxiao.

This website mainly provides language learning, and is split into different levels according to the difficulty of the course and the needs of learners. For example, some courses are mainly provided for enthusiasts like me at that time who is interested in this language, they only need to master simple everyday language. There is also some course for students who want to go abroad. They are here to pass the test of IELTS or TOEFL, which is relatively difficult. As well as business English course and so on for those people with multinational business.

I chose a two-month elementary Korean online course. First of all, as long as you registered in the course, you will get a complete schedule, this schedule recorded the time, content of every single class. During my study, my teacher used lots of popular Korean music and TV series in order to assist us. According to the media richness concept in the article, a wide variety media using can help students learn and understand knowledge more effectively. As I learning Korean, those music and videos bring fun to boring language learning, this makes it easy for me to keep concentrating. And those complex words become easier to remember the lyrics and dialogue between the actors.

Humanization of online learning means learners are not isolation. They can connect with each other and communicate and exchange ideas from others. In my Korean learning experience, I interact with my classmates very often, because it was a live class, all of us can make questions during class, sometimes our teacher would stop and then answer it, sometimes students who know the answer would help them directly. It is worth mentioning that at the end of our course, teacher separated us into different groups, as a group we pick a TV series we like, and then dub it by ourselves. That was extremely funny.

In terms of grading, I always had a little quiz at the end of class, I would see how did I do. The question I made the mistake would show up at my next quiz, until I choose the correct answer. Some students would feel uncomfortable with the rank, they may feel stressed. My teacher chooses to rank but not show all the members, she only shows the first three students who did better in the quiz. This is a very effective method, not only did not hurt anyone, but also praised the outstanding students and encouraged others to work harder.

Overall, my Korean online learning experience is great, my teacher uses various beneficial teaching techniques. That’s wonderful.

REFERENCE

https://images.app.goo.gl/2JmpmUhnmHuMAUbG7

https://images.app.goo.gl/uWsFiGCfkrU3ajTC7